- The Apostle Paul was just talking about people who may not be as far along in their faith as others
- He used the example of believer eating only vegetables and to not look down on them or condemn them
- Now in chapter 15 he tells us to bear with them and to be considerate
- We should not only please ourselves but build others up
- Jesus was the example of someone who served others and built them up
- Scripture was written in part to teach us
- It was also written so we can endure and have hope through the encouragement it provides
- Paul closes with saying that God is the one who provides endurance and encouragement
- He also asks that God provide the church with one mind and one voice to bring glory to God
Verse 4 stands out to me. The knowledge of the Scriptures affects my attitude towards my present and my future. The more I know about what God has done in years past, the more my faith will grow and I will have greater confidence about what I have to look forward to in my future. I need to diligently and consistently study God’s word so I will have the confidence that God’s will is the best for me.
Lord as I get into Your word, speak to me and reveal things to me that I have not seen before even though I may have read it. Put in me a hunger and thirst for Your word. Help me to know Your heart and know You as I get into Your word. In Jesus name.
Posted on Thu, March 17, 2016
by joel king