- There are things we do and paths we walk on that seem like they are the right way. However, they end in death
- We may be laughing on the outside even while we are hurting inwardly
- We can rejoice but still end in grief
- People who do their own thing apart from God will reap what they sow People who are faithful will be rewarded
- People who are simple and gullible believe in anything. However, people who are careful think about their future
- Wise people have a reverence for the Lord and shun evil
- A foolish person is short-tempered and is confident in himself
The theme of these set of verses show me what can happen if I rely on myself or rely on the Lord. If I have self-reliance, it will seem right and feel right but it will be empty in the end. On the outside I may seem happy. However, on the inside I will be lonely and miserable. Eventually I will reap what I sow. My confidence will be in my own ability. If I rely and have a reverence for the Lord, in the end I will have life, I will be rewarded according to my faithfulness, I will have a better future and my confidence will be in God.
Lord forgive me when I rely on myself rather than You. I truly believe what your word says in these verses. However, I know that my actions often do not line up with them. Help me with this. I want to be faithful. I want to be prudent. I always want to be on the right path, which is your will. Thank you for your endless patience with me. I love you Lord. In Jesus name.
Posted on Thu, March 3, 2016
by joel king