· Paul loves the Philippians and considers them part of the crown he will receive in glory
· He encourages them stand firm with their eyes and hearts focused on their heavenly future
· He pleads with two Christians to iron out their differences
· He encourages the church to help some particular women who Paul worked with as well as Clement
· Then he gives them some general instruction to live with a joyful heart unto the Lord, and a gentle attitude toward all
· He encourages them that the Lord is near and there is no need to be anxious, but simply pray and ask God what He would have them do.
· The result will be that they will enjoy the peace of God which will guard their hearts and minds from the worries of old.
· Finally he encourages them to set their minds things that are true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious — the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse.
· He tells them that if they follow his example they will surely experience the peace of God rather than anxiety
· Paul expresses his gratitude that they have renewed their interest in his wellbeing, and assures them he is not looking for money for he has learned to be content with what he has
· Good or bad, plenty or little, he has learned to be satisfied in all circumstances for God who gives him strength allows him to do whatever is necessary
· He commends them for supporting him early in his ministry when he went to Macedonia for at that time they were the only ones
· He doesn’t point this out to get more money but simply encourage them that God will reward them
· For he has plenty now that he received the gift that they sent with Epaphroditis
· He considers what was sent him as a fragrant offering to God Himself
· And his prayer is that God bless them for their faithfulness. AMEN
· The people we serve in the name of Jesus will eternally be our reward in glory, I need to spiritually invest in people
· My energy needs to be focused on thankfulness to God, and living a life where others can see the joyful transformation he has made in my life – I want to be considered gentle and kind by those I encounter today
· God has been very faithful in providing for me, I need to stake my life on this, stop worrying, and simply ask my beloved Father to lead me to His will which is what’s best for my life. I can count on Him.
· What God provides is what I need. Today I will choose to be thankful and content no matter the plenty or little I receive.
· My gifts to the church and God’s people are really sacrificial offerings to God. I need to be faithful in giving and joyful that I get to.
Father, thank you so much for your love and your mighty blessings in my life. I am especially thankful that you have adopted me into your family and continue to help me become get to where I so desperately want to be. Open my eyes to the importance of investing in eternity by investing in people. I want my spiritual bank account to be full and overflowing with those I served and shared with in your name. Guide me that I might rejoice in all things in the day ahead, and help me approach everyone in grace and gentleness. Make me the light and salt of the earth that Jesus encourages me to be. Please take what Lyn and I give as a pleasing offering to you and use it that more and more of the lost may find their way home to you, our Father. In Jesus name I pray. AMEN
Posted on Thu, June 25, 2015
by joel king