Philippians 3

AUTHOR

Scott Dixon

SCRIPTURE

Philippians 3

OBSERVATIONS

· Paul encourages the church of the Philippians to rejoice in the resurrection of Jesus and to not fall prey to false teachers. (Interesting reference to dogs who often bark and attempt to bite the unfamiliar or unaccepted; the followers of Jesus)
· Paul declared if anyone had confidence in the flesh it should be him. Paul's birth-right privileges which came from a pure blood line descendant of the tribe of Benjamin gave him reason to boast but counted his personal loss for the knowledge of Christ.
· Paul lost the position of a Pharisee to win Christ and was not asking the Philippians to do anything in which he hadn't already done.
· Paul looks upon himself to be in a state of imperfection.
· Verse 14: I press ontoward the goal to win the prizefor which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Paul had a joy in the resurrection and was willing to do or suffer anything to win the prize of eternal life through Jesus Christ.
· Once again Paul warns against seducers and evil teachers. ( A persons walk is a truer example of who they are then their professions. Matthew 7:20 - By their fruits you shall know them.

APPLICATION

Having been a Christian for 30 + years it is easy to fall prey to confidence in the flesh. I have been churched and have the knowledge to back up my professions but if my walk does not match then no fruit will be produced. My desire is like Paul's to press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me to no matter the costs. I can't expect a life of comfort and win the prize of Jesus. I have to be bold for Jesus, even when it means I'll be barked at or bitten for it.

Prayer:

God I pray that I may become a man who not only professes Jesus but walks with Jesus. May my actions be fruitful in the spirit and lead the lost to you. May I die to the flesh and live in the resurrection of Jesus who has given me new life. Amen.

11 comments (Add your own)

1. wrote:
Aw, this was an extremely good post. Taking the time and actual effort to make a really good article… but what can I say… I hesitate a
whole lot and don't manage to get nearly anything done.

Thu, October 4, 2018 @ 1:00 PM

2. wrote:
It's actually a cool and useful piece of info. I'm happy that you shared this helpful info
with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

Sun, October 7, 2018 @ 1:46 PM

3. wrote:
It's very easy to find out any topic on net as compared to books,
as I found this paragraph at this website.

Tue, October 9, 2018 @ 3:22 PM

4. wrote:
Useful information. Lucky me I discovered your website accidentally, and
I am surprised why this accident didn't took place earlier!
I bookmarked it.

Wed, October 10, 2018 @ 2:07 AM

5. wrote:
Hi there! I know this is somewhat off-topic however I needed to
ask. Does operating a well-established blog like yours take a large amount of work?

I'm completely new to blogging however I do write in my journal daily.
I'd like to start a blog so I can share my personal experience and feelings online.
Please let me know if you have any recommendations or
tips for brand new aspiring blog owners. Thankyou!

Thu, October 11, 2018 @ 5:01 AM

6. wrote:
If you are going for most excellent contents like myself, only pay a
quick visit this web site every day because it presents feature contents, thanks

Tue, October 16, 2018 @ 7:52 AM

7. wrote:
Hello, all is going nicely here and ofcourse every one is sharing data, that's in fact fine, keep up writing.

Wed, October 17, 2018 @ 8:54 PM

8. wrote:
Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on sites I stumbleupon on a daily basis.
It's always helpful to read through articles from other writers and practice something from their websites.

Sun, October 21, 2018 @ 10:57 AM

9. wrote:
If you would like to grow your knowledge just keep visiting this website and be
updated with the newest news update posted here.

Tue, October 30, 2018 @ 1:03 AM

10. wrote:
Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
I mean, what you say is important and all. However just imagine if you added some great graphics or videos
to give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with images and
videos, this site could definitely be one of the greatest in its
niche. Excellent blog!

Sat, November 3, 2018 @ 10:31 PM

11. wrote:
Thank you, I have just been searching for info approximately this subject for a long time and yours is the
best I have found out so far. But, what about the bottom line?
Are you sure about the source?

Tue, November 6, 2018 @ 7:14 AM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.