· Jesus teaches his disciples about the cost of following him
· Jesus was on a mission as he “resolutely” set out of Jerusalem
· Jesus tried to reach out to the Samaritans but they wanted nothing to do with him
· One person said he would follow Jesus while Jesus asked another to follow him
· The man that Jesus asked had a reason not to go at that time. Whether it was an excuse or not we do not know
· Someone else said they would follow Jesus but also wanted to do something else before following him
· Jesus seems to give direct and maybe harsh answers for following him
· Jesus wants total dedication
Jesus calls us to be a disciple and to go and make disciples. He lets us know that it will cost us our life and it is a commitment that we should not take lightly. How committed am I as a disciple of Jesus? There are times when I seem to be all in and other times when I am not. I do know that the longer I have been in a relationship with Him, I surrender more and more of myself to Him. I also know that I have a long way to go. What are areas in my life that I need to surrender? Is Jesus asking something of me where I have been disobedient?
Lord I love you. You know me and you know my heart. You know the parts I have surrendered and the parts I have not. I am your disciple and I choose to follow you all of my days. Forgive me when I fall short and into my selfish ways. I need you and I want to live for you. Make me into the person you created me to be. In Your name. Amen.
Posted on Tue, January 13, 2015
by Ernie Morales