- Things that cause people to stumble will come. Hopefully, not through us
- If someone sins against me, talk to them about it
- If they repent, forgive then. Forgive them no matter how many times they come to repent
- A small amount of faith can do great things
- Whenever we do what is expected of us, remain humble as we have only done what we were supposed to do
- Jesus healed 10 men with leprosy. However, only one came back to thank him and he was a Samaritan.
- Jesus recognized this and brought it to his attention.
- The Pharisees asked about the kingdom of God not realizing that He was already here because they were expecting something different.
- Jesus talks to the disciples about himself and what is going to happen
- Many will come claiming they are the Messiah
- People will be living life as they do and then he will come
- He uses the examples of Noah and Sodom when people where eating and drinking and working and then judgment came
- People who try to keep their life will lose it and others who lose their life will preserve it
- Jesus tells them that one vulture overhead may not mean much but many vultures means a carcass is nearby.
- One sign of the end may not be significant, but many signs means the Second Coming is near
If I obey God, I am only doing my duty and what I am supposed to do. I should look at it as a privilege. Sometimes it’s easy to feel like I get “extra credit” for serving God. Obedience is not something extra I do. He is also not saying my service is meaningless. I have to remain humble and be thankful for what He asks of me.
Lord thank you for saving me and the calling you have given me. Help me to remain thankful and humble in doing whatever it is that you ask of me. I pray that You will always get the credit. Continue to use me to live a life that honors You. In Jesus name.
Posted on Fri, January 23, 2015
by Ernie Morales