· Jesus asks specific questions, but the Pharisees and experts did not answer.
· Jesus Heals a man with swollen legs, on the sabbath.
· Jesus talks about Humility.
· There was going to be a big feast.
· Jesus tells a story about a man who throws a feast and no one who he invited came.
· There is a cost to become a disciple.
I can relate to times where I have wanted to be the star of the show, where I wanted to be acknowledge for all the work I have done, And I am reminded that I need to have Humility. Sometimes the reminder does not come until after I took the spotlight, so I am still learning.
I Like when Jesus says “ when you are invited to a feast don't sit at the seat of honor, instead sit at the foot of the table and wait for the host to come and tell you they have a better place for you, then you will be honored in front of all the other guest” Luke 14:8-10
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to keep growing in my humility. I pray that you will give me guidance and wisdom when it come to wanting to be the center of attention.
Thank you for the past times where you have been there and helped me through.
Lord, I pray that you will put someone in my life who also struggles with humility so that we can work on this together, and if I am further along in the journey of humility, I pray that you will help me guide them, and teach them, and I know I can only do that with your help.
Posted on Tue, January 20, 2015
by Kristy Espinoza