· Just like manna from heaven, Jesus is the one who came down from heaven.
· Just like Moses lifted the snake up before the people in the desert, Jesus needed to be lifted up.
· Everyone who looks to Jesus and believes will have eternal life.
· God showed His love for the world by giving His one and only Son so all who believe will have eternal life.
· God did not send His Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it through Him.
· Those who believe will not receive judgment.
· Those who do not believe have already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son.
· They have received judgment because God’s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light.
· People preferred their selfish, evil deeds over the light. They refused to step into the light for fear of their sins being exposed.
· Those who believe step into the light so others can see what God is doing in their lives.
Jesus is the answer. Just like the Israelites had to make the effort to look to the snake, we have to make the effort to believe in Jesus. Those who believe are the ones willing to step and stay in the light.
Jesus’ invitation isn’t one of curing snake bites, but one of curing our sin. We need to look up, step into the light, and believe.
· Heavenly Father, thank you for the gift of your Son. You desire for all of us to step into the light and believe. This week, I pray you would use my story of stepping into the light to reach out to those around me.
Posted on Mon, January 11, 2016
by joel king