· John declares that Jesus is the Messiah, one like the sacrificial lamb, who will take away the sin of the world
· John tells his disciples that Jesus is the one he was preparing the way for
· John shares that he did not know who the Messiah was, but that God told him that he would know who it was when John saw the Holy Spirit rest on him.
· John then testifies that Jesus is the one who the Spirit descended on and in fact is the Son of God
· The next day John affirmed to his disciples that Jesus was the “Lamb of God”
· Two of his disciples who heard this decided to follow Jesus
· When Jesus noticed them following him he wanted them to articulate what they wanted from him
· They answered by asking him where he was staying
· Jesus then invited them to come and see for themselves, and they spent the day with him
· Jesus is worth following, but to do so I need to leave who and what I’m following and follow him. Question: Is there someone or something that I am following that I need to turn away from to follow Jesus this year?
· Just like these two disciples I need to answer the question, "What do you want?"
· Jesus’ greatest gift to us is himself. Spending time with him should be my priority as his follower.
Would you reveal to me those things that I am still following that need to be left so that I can fully follow you? Help me let go of the past that I might pursue your future for me. My deepest desire is to know you and experience your love. Will you show me how I might more intimately dwell with you this year? Thank you for being the sacrificial Lamb that has removed my sin and reconciled me back to God. Help me live in gratitude today. AMEN
Posted on Mon, January 4, 2016
by joel king