· James is writing to fellow Christians
· He wants them to pay particular attention to what he says here
· He challenges them to be eager to listen to each other, be slow to respond, and even slower to react in anger towards one another
· Man’s kind of anger does not result in the kind of life that God desires for His people
· Because of this, the Christians should work on ridding themselves of the moral filth of anger and hate amongst them, and instead they should humble themselves like Jesus and live out what they have been taught about Jesus.
· By choosing this path they show themselves to be true children of God and the result will be their salvation (restoration to the God who paid the price for their short comings as well as the short comings of their brethren).
· I need to continue to work on my listening skills, especially when someone feels hurt be me.
· I need to slow down and make sure I here folks out completely, not in a hurry to defend myself, but rather careful that I attempt to fully support and serve them.
· I need to continue to grow and not allow my internal anger both separate me from God as well as harm my relationships.
· I need to continue to work at softening my heart towards all people, and serve the way Jesus has served me.
Thank you for holding back your wrath in response to my misdeeds. Forgive me that I often do not do the same for others. Help me grow in loving and supporting others. I especially need your help as I often tend to quickly move to defend myself. Would you continue the work you have begun in me, and form my heart and soul more and more like Jesus. I want to experience even more of the abundant, full life that Jesus promised. Help me trust you and become more giving of myself. In Jesus name I pray, AMEN.
Posted on Mon, February 22, 2016
by joel king