· What I say should build others up according to their needs not my opinion of what they need
· I am to be of benefit to others
· The Holy Spirit lives in me and is my guarantee of redemption
· In light of His presence within me, I need to be careful to listen and follow his instruction rather than follow my own way and grieve Him.
· By the power of the Holy Spirit, I need to continue to be transformed so that my negative, self-seeking, aggressive nature will change.
· In place of the old should be an attitude of love and compassion for others
· I need to forgive others whole heartedly as Christ whole heartedly forgave me.
· My life’s goal should be to imitate God and his character of love.
· I should reflect my daddy, God, because I am his child
· As Jesus gave himself for me, I too should lay my rights and life down for others.
· Serving others in love is how I can best worship God
· When I interact with people today, I need to ask myself “How can I encourage and bless them?” Then I need to do what the Holy Spirit shows me.
· My goal today is to not react to others by protecting my rights, but surprise them with the Love of God by advocating for their good.
· I need to reflect more on Father God and His character. Then I need to dwell on what it means for me to be “a chip off the old block.”
· My worship of God today will be how I love those he brings across my path. I need to evaluate at the end of the day how well I worshiped this way.
Forgive me for grieving you and carelessly speaking to others in a way that hurts and tears them down. Help me speak in a way today that will only help. May each word I speak be a gift. Show me how to be sensitive and gentle with others. Give me the strength to forgive as quickly and thoroughly as you have forgiven me. Guide me so that my eyes might be set on you, and like a good son, may I emulate your love and understanding. Stir your extravagant love inside me today that it might generously pour out on all that I encounter. Thank you that I can love because you loved me first.
In the name of Christ I pray, AMEN.
Posted on Tue, January 19, 2016
by joel king