· This passage is the fulfillment of a dream that was interpreted by Daniel for King Nebuchadnezzar
· 12 months after the dream King Nebuchadnezzar was walking on the roof of his palace and boasted at how wonderful it was and how it reflected his personal greatness and honor.
· As soon as he was done boasting a voice from heaven spoke that God had determined to teach King Nebuchadnezzar a lesson. He would go crazy and live like a wild animal for seven years. At the end of that time he would regain sanity as his heart embraced the understanding that all good blessings come from God and the honor is due Him.
· Instantly it happened just as the voice from heaven said it would
· At the end of the seven years King Nebuchadnezzar self-reports that he looked to God who restored his sanity. King Nebuchadnezzar’s response was to break out thanking and praising the eternal God. He acknowledges . . .
o The eternal nature of God
o That in comparison our strength and glory is nothing
o That no-one can stop God from doing as He wills
o Nor can we question His authority
· King Nebuchadnezzar then reports that God, in His grace and power, completely restored the kingdom and throne back to King Nebuchadnezzar and that the kingdom did even better than before.
· BUT this time he gave glory and honor to God, and encouraged others to do the same and walk humbly before God.
· I need to spend more time thanking God for His blessings
· Rather than just putting my effort in getting more by my own effort, I need to seek first God’s kingdom and glory and trust that He will richly provide out of His power and grace.
I praise and honor You Most High God. You live forever, and Your kingdom will never end. Compared to You Lord I am far less than nothing; for You control the stars in the sky and everyone on this earth. When You do something, I cannot change it or even have the right to ask why. And yet, you loved me so much You sent your only Son to suffer and die that You might pour out Your rich blessings upon me. Thank You! A hundred times Thank You! Give me the wisdom to seek first Your kingdom and the strength to keep going even when I am weary.
In Jesus Name I Pray, AMEN
Posted on Fri, February 12, 2016
by joel king