- We are chosen by God
- We are holy and dearly loved
- Clothe ourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience
- Forgive others if we have a grievance against them as God has forgiven us
- Put on love because it binds all of those things together in perfect unity
- Let Christ’s peace rule in our hearts
- Be thankful and let the message of Christ dwell among us as we admonish one another through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit
- In everything we do, do it in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ
The Apostle Paul is giving us a plan to help us live for Christ every day. I have to start by recognizing who I am and whose I am. I am chosen. I am holy. I am loved. All of this because of Jesus. Then I have to choose to clothe myself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience. It has nothing to do with how I feel. I have to choose to forgive others. I have to choose to love others because that brings unity and ties it all together. I have to choose to let the peace of Christ rule in my heart and in my relationships with others in the body. I have to choose to be thankful, singing to the Lord with gratitude reminding myself that I do everything in the name of Jesus.
Thank you Lord for choosing me, making me holy and for loving me. Thank you for my feelings and thank you that I do not have to let them rule me. I can choose to do all of these things and be who You created me to be. Thank you that in doing these things, You are also changing my heart. Thank you for being the example of all of these things to me. You are so patient with me. I love You. Amen.
Posted on Thu, January 21, 2016
by joel king