Rules for Holy Living:
- We have already been raised with Christ and so our perspective on life should be from a place where we are concerned with what is eternal, rather than living to get everything we can out of our earthly bodies
- When Jesus comes back we will be glorified with Him
- Since we should no longer be concerned about getting what our sinful bodies want, we must put to death our human desires
- God's wrath is coming because of our sinful human inclinations which include; sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires, greed, etc.
- We now are no longer our own selves but we are our new selves. However, even our new selves are constantly being renewed and shaped by our Creator, which explains why we continue to sin.(Plainly Stated- Romans 7:15“I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.”)
- Our identity is in Christ and it is no longer based on race, our cultural background, the mistakes we've made in the past, or even on our present desire to be a slave to someone or something other than Christ.
- As God's chosen people(not because of our good deeds)we need to forgive each other in response to Christ's mercy towards us. But, we must forgive out of love and not out of obligation.
- Finding a peace in Christ by not becoming obsessed over what the world thinks of me, I can now do everything for the Glory of God.
Rules for Christian Households:
-Wives submit to your husbands when he is submitting to the Lord. In that way they are both submitting to the Lord.
- Husbands loves wives, children obey both parents, father's don't encourage your children to become angry easily.
- Slaves obey your earthly masters even when he is not looking, because God is the only one we need to please and he is always watching.
- You will be rewarded in heaven for the things you do on earth in secret.
1.)I need to get in the mindset that I am no longer of this world, because I have been raised with Christ from a place of being lost. I must continually keep in mind that I have eternal life through the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, and that my time here on earth is so small in comparison to eternity. Instead of thinking that my time here on earth is my only time to rebel before I spend eternity with Jesus, I need to have the perspective that says,“Let me practice here on earth what I will be doing for eternity.”
2.) I need to gain an understanding of howawfulsin is but also not forgetting how great God's grace is.
3.) I need to understand that God is omniscient, which means he knows what I do/how I act when others aren't looking. Even if no one acknowledges me for the work I do, I need to continue doing the work. I need to understand that there is a reward in heaven for me even when there may be no reward here on earth. If I just wait I willreceivea reward for the things I do in secret here on earth.
Help me to understand what it means when you say that you are my life, and you are my everything. Help me better understand my identity in you so that I may have a peace during this life on earth. Help me to understand that your love for me is not based on how good or bad of a person I am. Give me the strength to serve the people you have placed in authority over me, even when they treat me poorly or never encourage me. Give me an eternal perspective on life and help me to not seek the acceptance of the world.
Posted on Tue, June 9, 2015
by joel king