Jesus says that several things will happen before the end. First:
- People will come claiming to be Christ and will mislead many
- There will be wars and famines and earthquakes; just the beginning though
Next Jesus says:
- Christians will be killed and betrayed and hated
- False prophets will arise and mislead many
- Lawlessness will increase and people’s love will grow cold
The gospel will be preached to all the nations and then the end will come.
- Then there will be an Abomination of Desolation and those in Judea must flee.
- Then there will be a great tribulation!
- More false Christs and false prophets will arise and mislead many, even some elect.
After that great tribulation
- The sun, moon and stars will be darkened
- The sign of the Son of Man will appear and people will mourn
- Then Jesus will come back on the clouds with power and glory!
- And the elect will be gathered
Four times we learn that we will not know the day or the hour of the Lord’s return
- We do know that when the above things happen the time is near
- We do know that we will be going on with life when it happens
- We do know that one will be taken the other left behind
- We do know we should be good stewards until Christ’s return
- We do know we are supposed to be on the alert
- Four times it says that people will be mislead. Know Christ and God’s word well enough to know the truth and not be mislead.
- It says that the gospel will be preached to all the nations and then the end will come. Pray for workers for the harvest (including myself) who will preach the gospel boldly.
- Be on the alert and be a good steward of the people God’s put in my path and my care until Jesus’ return.
- Rejoice! Jesus is coming back and He will gather the elect.
Father, it is sobering to read about the end times. It reads a bit like a depressing dystopia novel. And yet there are bright spots. The gospel will be preached to all nations. You will return with power and glory to gather the elect! We will be with you in the end! Yay!!! Help us to be alert and persevere and be about your work. Help us to be good stewards of the people, talents and time you have given us. Help us to know You and you word so well that we will not be mislead. Help us to endure to the end. And don’t let our love grow cold. Thank you that You are coming back!
Posted on Mon, September 21, 2015
by Brian Landers