- Listen well so you don’t forget the truth
- We need to take salvation seriously
- Jesus, who is authoritative over angels, still came to die for us
- Salvation is made perfect through his suffering
- Jesus had to become fully human in order for the salvation plan to be complete
- It was only by death and rising again that Satan was defeated
- Jesus was tempted and prevailed temptation so that he can help us in our temptations
- We need to not only read the Word a lot, but we must allow it to penetrate our lives and dictate our decisions.
- Our salvation cannot be a simple matter; we must study our actions and our heart in order to make sure we are walking according to our faith. This takes discipline to read, to take sin seriously, to repent fully, to walk with the Spirit, to depend on God to make changes in us and control the outcome of circumstances.
- Through faith in Jesus, we are no longer slaves to sin, which means when we are faced with temptations, we have the ability to say, “no” to the opportunity to sin.
Dear Lord, thank you so much for making a way for us to be in a relationship with you. It cannot be possible without your Son, but through him, we can even do things like pray to you. I ask of you, as our Good Father, to help us study and live out your Word, to transform us by it, and to teach us to surrender fully to you. AMEN.
Posted on Tue, September 29, 2015
by Brian Landers