2 Corinthians 9
2 Corinthians 9
· Paul acknowledges the Corinth Church's example of generosity and boasts about the church to the Macedonians.
· Paul announces the sending of brothers to ensure the Corinthians are prepared for Paul and the Macedonians visit so no embarrassment comes from Paul's boasting confidence in the Corinth Church.
· Paul reiterates the need to have brothers visit before hand to guarantee the generous gift that had been promised will be ready and to prepare the hearts of the people.
· Verses 9: 6 - 11 make the principle of generosity very clear.
· 9:6 - We harvest in proportion to what we plant.
· 9:7 - Give from your heart not out of guilt or boastfulness.
· 9:8-9 - God gives to us abundantly so we may distribute God's possession to the needy.
· The church's obedience of generosity along with the gospel of Christ will lead others to follow God.
2 Corinthians 9 reminded me to always be generous with my possessions. Whether that is in the form of money, resources or time God desires my obedience so I may be a living example of Christ to others. Too many times I have lost an opportunity to be used as a vessel from God by simply not being available to show generosity.
Father thank you for your words in 2 Corinthians 9 to show me how to be generous so others will come know Christ. May I be an example pleasing to you so when visitors pass through they will see your love and grace. Give me boldness to always speak of your name and the gift of Jesus.
Posted on Wed, April 29, 2015
by joel king