- Look for opportunities to love
- Live a life that is a good example
- Instructions about teachers
- Instructions about worship
- Instructions about church leaders
- Last words
- I need to give priority to loving my Christian brothers and sisters. Today, I need to love on and serve God’s people who cross my path.
- I need to make sure my heart and life reflect the Biblical priorities: Faithfulness to God and my wife Lyn.
- I need to write an email of encouragement to those leaders in past churches that have contributed to who I am today and thank them for pouring into my life.
- I need to examine my teaching to make sure it is centered on Jesus and doesn’t set religious expectations for acceptance that God doesn’t.
- I need to grow more and more to be a leader that the body feels like they can trust and want to follow towards Jesus.
Thank you for your love and acceptance. Will you open my eyes to the opportunities I have to pass that love on to others in the household of faith? Forgive me for allowing the cares of this world to often come before you. Give me strength today to keep your will, and your kingdom, in the forefront of my mind. Thank you for the men and women you have used to build me up in the faith. Continue to refresh my memory about their faithfulness and love, and give me opportunities to bless them as they have blessed me. Open my eyes to any areas where I have gotten away from the Good News and replaced it with religious activity. May the Holy Spirit work in me that I might continue to grow to be a man that others can follow for Your glory.
In Jesus name I pray, AMEN
Posted on Wed, October 14, 2015
by Brian Landers