1 Timothy 4
1 Timothy 4:1-16
· The Holy Spirit has revealed that there will be those who claim to have faith but are really following demons, their conscience is dull, and they will make rules that are contrary to what God has done. Rules like not marrying or abstaining from special foods.
· In order to be considered a good servant of Christ, teach the truth you have learned to others. Don’t get caught up in Christian myths and special spiritual service or rules. Rather train your soul, it is much more beneficial than training the body, and the results are eternal.
· Concentrate on the hope we have in the living God who saves all those that believe, stake your life on it
· The young pastor Timothy is supposed to teach and command those in the body to follow these teachings. He needs to set the example himself with the way he talks, loves, treats others, and lives out his faith. He is to devote himself to reading and preaching God’s Word, and continue to use and develop the gifts he was given by the Holy Spirit
· If he is diligent and gives all his effort to this, so that others can see him grow, he will not only save himself (through Christ) but others will follow as well.
· Don’t look for a magic pill or approach. Seek God and live by faith every day, in everything, with your eyes on eternity.
· We need to read, teach, and practice the Word of God.
Continue to draw me closer to you. Help me live by faith, be an example to others, and may my days end not only knowing you but leading others to do the same. In Jesus Name I Pray. AMEN
Posted on Wed, July 1, 2015
by joel king