1 Peter 2:9-12
1 Peter 2:9-12
· Christians are chosen by the King to be his spiritual representatives set apart for kingdom work
· The main charge of a Christian is to speak loud and clear about how God brought them from darkness to light.
· Christians need to remember that before they were far from God and headed towards destruction, and now they have been chosen by God and have received His mercy.
· Peter reminds the Christians that they their allegiance is now to a different kingdom and that this world is not their real home
· Christians are supposed to run from the things of this world that are at odds with God’s kingdom to which they belong
· The Christians life should be a positive example. So much that even though the world might reject what the Christian stands for, they see the good the Christian does and have no choice but to be thankful for such people.
· When I look in the mirror in the morning, I need to see first and foremost a child of the King who represents him to a watching world. Being a priest set apart for the glory of God is not just a future goal, it is who I am.
· My goals and efforts for this day should be to represent God well by serving and loving people in every way I can. They should see Jesus through me.
· I need to spend some time in this New Year and make sure my life’s ambitions and dreams really do reflect what’s best for God’s kingdom and not my own.
Forgive me for living my life my way, and just inviting you in to those areas that I think I need you to make better. I often go about my daily tasks thinking only of how I can make my life better. Continue to open my eyes to what it means to advance Your kingdom and represent You well. Open up a door today that I might represent You to a watching world. I feel inadequate as Your representative, but I know it isn’t about me but Christ in me. Help me live by the power of the Holy Spirit. Develop in me a humble, loving spirit that will bless those around me today. May the world around me get a glimpse of your mercy and love through me.
By the power of and in the name of Jesus I pray, AMEN.
Posted on Tue, January 5, 2016
by joel king