1 John 1
1 John 1:1-10
- John, along with the other disciples, heard, saw, and touched Jesus, who was the Word of life.
- Based on their experiences, they testify about eternal life, which was with the Father and came among us.
- They testify so that others might join in their fellowship with one another, with the Father, and with Jesus Christ, so that their joy might be complete.
- God is light and there is no darkness in Him.
- If we claim to be His and walk in the darkness, we lie and do not life by the truth.
- If we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus purifies us from all our sin.
- If we claim to be without sin, we make God look like a liar and His word has no place in our lives.
- If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
I make mistakes. There is no getting around that. Yes, I am a new creation, but there is a battle within me between my new identity and the old habits of my past/sinful, broken humanity. Even though Jesus paid the price for my sins, one time for all time, I am called to confess that sin as it pops up. I walk in the light and I need His help to fight against the dark.
Lord, thank you for your offer of fellowship in the light with you. I gladly accept your invitation because there is no where else to go. Holy Spirit, please stir within me the sins I so easily forgot, so that I might confess them to you and be cleansed. I praise you for your work in me, amen.
Posted on Fri, November 20, 2015
by Brian Landers