- God spoke to our forefathers in the faith through prophets and all other kinds of "various ways"
- In these days, God has spoken to us by His Son, the one who created and inherits all things
- Jesus is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of the Father.
- Jesus sustains all things through His powerful word
- After Jesus paid the penalty for our sins, purifying us, he sat at the right hand of Majesty in heaven
- He is superior to Angels and his name is also superior to the Angels
- The author of Hebrews then points out using the Old Testament (Hebrew Scriptures) that an angel has never been called a son, nor has God claimed to be their Father
- To the Son it was commanded that all angels would worship him
- The Angels are described as servants, while the son is described as ruling a kingdom that will reign forever
- The one who created all things will reign and not perish
- God never told an angel to sit at His right hand as He would put all enemies under his feet
- Angels are spirits whose purpose is to minister and serve those who will inherit salvation
Man, as I read this I see that Jesus is so worthy. Before, people experience God from a distance. Now Jesus has come and I am in awe at how holy and set apart He is! He is unlike the awesome Angels that I can't even fully comprehend.
Today I need to worship. Spend time just in awe of Jesus and His majesty. The work He has done to bring me into relationship with the Father is daily praiseworthy.
Thank you Jesus! For you are so much higher than myself or the Angels. I praise you for what you have done and what you continue to do. I worship you for who you are and what you have done.
It's in your powerful name I pray, amen.
Posted on Mon, September 28, 2015
by Brian Landers